Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Six Months

I had the greatest feeling today.

Well, sorta.

I went up to try to comfort Norah, who was crying. She was on her stomach. I put her on her back, shushed her and rubbed her stomach and chest.

Her soft little cold hands smacked against my right hand as it massaged her, as I continued to sooth/shush her.

The crying stopped, and it was the greatest feeling.

It started between my closing her bedroom door and getting to the stairs.

But it still felt great.

On Friday, she'll be six months old.

She's cute, can turn on her mobile, smiles when I clap or make goofy noises, love sports highlight shows and CBC News, has strong legs, great curly hair, fantastic cheeks, folds of fat all over, likes to hang out with me, is easy-going, and my daughter.

MY daughter.

I like the sound of that.

I look forward to what the future may hold...

1 comment:

  1. I still get a warm fuzzy feeling when I remember the sound of Sam saying "I wudge you, Mommy" the first time. I wish you many more of those moments.

    ReplyDelete