Monday, September 27, 2010

Chill or Denial?

So, here I am.

Well, we're term.

Full-term.

She's due at some point in the next three weeks.

The crib is not set-up fully.

The car seat is not in the car.

The baby's room is ready, even though she won't be there for somewhere between three and six months.

We have TONNES of clothing, and don't necessarily see a quick end to that, as our friends 'n families have their girls/children get older and not need/want the clothing from that age. Maybe it "pays" to be slow.

Not to mention, that I've been cooking and baking up a storm. Just rediscovered the slow cooker today, so that makes me happy. Made a pot of lobster stock quinoa, put a pork roast in with leftover sauce from a rotisserie chicken and some new add-ins, and started a couple of lamb leg steaks in a marinade that should rock out!

Need to do more baking soon.

Trying to get the wife to make breads while she can, since she's the bread maker.

Doing laundry like a fiend.

Got an area rug for the front room, having paving/waterproofing done around the house, starting to make some headway with the tools from my dad's workroom, trying to keep my head above water at work (with less-than-stellar assistance in the classroom, who are more work than the JK/SKs...sadly.) while enjoying the school and culture (even though it's only 200 metres from my old school), realizing I have a great wife and life....

And the baby's gonna be here in less than a month.

That's real.

I will be a father before Halloween.

Now that's scary.

Or is it?

What do I have to be afraid of?

Nothing.

I'm all good.

2 comments:

  1. You are all good in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like everything. You only experience one day at a time so there's little use trying to imagine your new life. It will be transformed, but it ways you can't yet imagine. All good.

    ReplyDelete